The Santa Barbara Chapter of the Autism Society of America is a local supportive resource for persons with autism and related disabilities, their families and friends, and interested professionals. The Santa Barbara chapter provides many valuable services and resources for the local community. These include:
- Information and referral
- Presentations to professionals, educators and
- various civic groups
- Guest speakers and public workshops
- Notification of trainings and presentations offered by different agencies
- Fun Activities and get togethers
- Parent Mentors
- Coordination of lobbying efforts to effect legislation pertaining to the needs of person with autism and their families.
All members of the Santa Barbara Chapter receive automatic membership in the Autism Society of California and the Autism Society of America. This entitles Chapter members to other benefits, including the outstanding national publication, The Advocate, which brings up to date information on research, treatment and legislation.